March 19, 2011

How It Works

Another spring break, another week of coughing, congestion, and speaking a good octave lower than usual. So I have a cold during my time off, did I expect anything less? No. The truth, for me, and for anyone else who has ever experienced the transition of going from stressed to relaxed in under twenty-four hours, is that we will get sick. It's our body's way of saying, "Whoa. Dude. You need to chill out, like take a break man, just feel the flow of the universe..." Okay, so my body doesn't talk like a stoned surfer who has been knocked in the head a few too many times (although I wouldn't be completely against it, for the sheer amount of entertainment).

But I can't complain. I've spent the past several days lounging around in boxers and a t-shirt, watching zombie flicks, and playing with my dog. And for the first time, I'm not dreading going back to school. Maybe I've had too much Sudafed or maybe I'm starting to get back in the swing of things. I've got plans for the rest of the semester, some realistic, others not so much, but I'm looking forward to seeing how the term plays out.

But hey, Summer, it's totally cool if you arrive sooner rather than later. Seriously. No problem at all.

-M

No comments:

Post a Comment