February 28, 2011

My Own Oxford English Dictonary

So, I've been in Washington for a little over a month now, though it seems to have gone by quite slowly so far. This is neither good nor bad, I am merely noting that I have no perception of time. What I have noticed, back in the college life, is that it's difficult to balance being a student and a human being at the same time. I suppose I should give the specific definitions for this context.

Student, (noun), [stood-ent]: one who studies; an academically responsible and motivated individual who seeks to reach their potential for learning and retaining knowledge, regardless of its level of pertinence outside of an educational environment.

Human Being, (noun), [human-being]: one who has a life; a regularly responsible and motivated individual who finds time for the essentials; includes eating, exercising, sleeping, socializing, and participating in general day to day activities.

Somehow, regardless of my location, I have yet to figure out a nice way in which to manage my priorities. In other words, what I have to do versus what I want to do. So far, what I do know is that focusing on one will have some sort of impact on the other, and that regardless of what I choose, I will not have time for a nap. And if you have read this blog on a previous occasion, you know that I take my napping skills seriously.

Today, I got up at eight o'clock. I then realized it was eight o'clock and went back to bed until ten minutes before my biology class was scheduled to begin at ten o'clock. I attended biology and religion, and after a nice hour-long break (used to update my blog, did I mention my inability to balance priorities? Oh, hey lunch! Sorry, I forgot to call...) it's now off to calculus. Done with classes at two, I will then try to come up with some sort of plan to include lunch, writing a five page essay, intramural soccer, some more calculus, dinner, and going to bed at a reasonable hour.

Outside looking in, I can only say, "Good luck."

-M

PS: Next post will be less of a grumble.

No comments:

Post a Comment