August 7, 2011

Concept of Self

Hey, it's been a while. We've taken some time off from one another. Gone in different directions. You've been traveling through cyberspace; I've been watching reruns on the Discovery channel. But, no matter how hard we may try, our bond is unbreakable, our relationship is magnetic. Why? Because I find it oddly essential that there is some record of the unrelated, disconnected ideas that exist in my head.

I have this worry that someday, in a not-so-distant future, someone will read this and proclaim: "Yep, she was nuts. And here's the proof."

Actually, perhaps "worry" isn't the right feeling. I think it's more of a concept of sheer inevitability. However, on the other side of things, there is a question that has been wandering about my mind for a while. If a person believes they are crazy, are they actually crazy? Or rather, aren't the craziest people in the world the ones who believe they are, in fact, completely sane?

Therefore, it is a logical and evidence-based conclusion that I am quite sane. You, my friends, are crazy. Sorry to break the news.

-M

No comments:

Post a Comment